Back when Sony announced and released its 3.5 version on their software that runs PS4, it also launched its most awaited feature of Remote Play along with this update. What Remote Play does is that it lets you perform streaming of your PS4 games on your Windows Computer or a Mac device and hence you can enjoy and play PS4 games on PC simply by connecting the controller.
The only complain many people have with the Remote Play is that there should have been away for streaming your PS4 games on PC using the LAN connection but sadly there isn’t. You need high-speed internet access at least of 12 Mbps for uploading and downloading purposes. For those who are residing in the United States or in any other developed country, the speed of internet would be normal but many users of PS4 live in Pakistan and third world countries where internet speed is constant trouble.
Now having explained you all this, today we have decided to bring you a post which will guide you on how to Play PS4 Games on PC whether it is Mac or Windows with the help of Remote Play option.
What are the Pre-requisites to Play PS4 Games on PC?
Of course there are some requirements you need to fulfill before you proceed on with the tutorial and those are listed below for you:
- You must have the Play Station 4 version updated to the software 3.5 and if you don’t have this upgrade installed, then this is the time to do so if you are planning to Play PS4 Games on PC.
- A good, reliable and stable internet connection (Sony requires you to have an internet speed of 12mbps at least for downloads and uploads)
- You must have a Remote Play Client for PC or Mac. Your PC must be operating on Windows 8.1 or 10 and if you are using Mac then Mac OS X Yosemite is the requirement at least. These clients can be downloaded from this page.
- You need a PS4 Controller and a USB cable device to get in connection with your PC.
How to play PS4 games on PC or Mac using Remote Play ?
- First thing you need to do is to download and install the Remote Play Client using the link given ahead. It is a tiny package and all you have to do is click the download and complete its installation.
- When the installation is done you will see the PS4 Remote Play app somewhere in your folder for Applications on your Mac computer and if you are on Windows then you can save the file on your desktop and go on from there.
- When you will launch the Remote Play for the very first time, it will appear as shown in the picture. This is the point where you will be required to get your PS4 Controller connected to your PC or Mac device using the USB cable. Then go to the Settings section on your Windows device and log in to the account you have on Play Station. If you are using Mac OS X you can log in using the menu of preferences.
- You can manipulate the resolution for streaming according to the internet connection you are using and can also change the frame rate. The Standard is 30fps and Highest is 60fps.
- When you have signed in to your Play Station Account, Remote Play will instantly detect your PS4 and you will now be looking at your PS4 screen on the screen of your Mac or PC and can Play PS4 Games on PC with the controller you have previously connected.
- See to it that your computer device and PS4 are in connection with one network and in order to get minimum latency, we advise you to use wired internet access from the router rather than a Wi-Fi connection which is wireless.
- If you have done all the things properly and everything is properly working you can easily stream and get to Play PS4 Games on PC. You can even enjoy more of the experience on the full-screen version and make the games appear as native on your PC or Mac.
Final thoughts on This Post!
Although the PS4 Remote Play is an amazing and nifty feature it has some drawbacks as well. You can’t really enjoy playing PS4 games at a resolution of 1080p using the Remote Play even if you have the best of the internet speeds in the country. This can only let you play games at 720p. Although there will be less latency or input latency in this Game Play, because the PC and the PS4 are in connection on one LAN network however if you have internet speed that is slow then the gameplay will not be as smooth as you are expecting it to be.