Ever since Pokemon Go was released there was this common error that many people faced which was the Failed to detect location Pokemon Go. Upon investigation, the experts were able to track down this issue to Android devices because more than 95% of the users who were complaining of this issue were Android users hence today we are planning to guide you in detail on how to fix the Failed to detect location Pokemon Go error.
What is the reason for the Failed to detect location Pokemon Go error?
Android devices work on an open platform that is highly diverse even though there are multiple manufacturers that operate on different parameters for an Android phone to serve their purpose and need. The Failed to detect location Pokemon Go is due to this option which is known as “Allow Mock Locations”.
This is the option which lets Android users to cover their real location from the Apps that use the location services and this is something that Niantic is not allowing the users of Pokemon Go to use. This feature in fact by default is turned OFF on many Android phones but some may have switched it ON as default or the user may have toggled with it and ended up turning it ON. Whatever the reason is, this is the factor that is showing the “Failed to detect location Pokemon Go” error. So let’s see how we can fix this issue in the quick guide described below.
How to fix “Failed to detect location Pokemon Go” Error?
If you are annoyed by the Failed to detect Pokemon Go Error then follow the guide below and get rid of this trouble for good.
- The first thing you should do is turn off the Pokemon Go game on your Android device and see to it that the app isn’t even operating in the background. Go to your Recent Apps and simply kill Pokemon Go by swiping the screen away.
- Then visit the Settings of your Android device where you must navigate to the Developer Options. If you see a search bar, you can use this to find the Developer Options.
- If you cannot for some reason see the Developer Options than simply begin searching for the section for About where you must constantly click the “Build Number” till your Android device tells you that the Developer Options have been enabled. Simply access these Developer Options.
- When you are directed to it, scroll below till you locate the section for find “Allow mock locations”. The main reason as to why you are facing the Failed to detect location error in Pokemon Go is because of this culprit option. Simply switch OFF this option and then visit your Home Screen.
- From the Home Screen, launch the Pokemon Go game and you will see that you won’t be seeing the “Failed to detect location Pokemon Go” error.
- For some reason if this error is still troubling you, access the Settings section of your Android device and see to it that the option for “High accuracy” is chosen beneath the location settings.
So guys if you are a Pokemon Go fan and found this post to be useful then don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.